Derny training day – Sunday 22nd September 2013, Gosling Sports Park, Welwyn Garden City, Al8 6XE.
- This will be an intense practical, interactive course – lots of Derny time.
- Applicants will require a minimum of BC Silver membership to qualify for an award.
- Awards, following a satisfactory assessment, will be BC Motor Pace “C” or “B” or a referral for more training.
- Our aim is to qualify competent pacers – not fail them!
- Cost will be £50.00 – to cover track hire & Derny costs.
- Followers, with track experience, will be welcome from 14:00 – free follower training!
- Lunch is not provided – bring your own.
- Tutors will be: Francis Gallacher & Seán Bannister, assisted by experienced pacers; Chris Macleod, Pip Taylor & tutor Andy Pitt.
- Dernys are provided – thanks to Reading Velodrome Racing & Welwyn Wheelers.
- Participants will be divided into two working groups, each led by a Tutor.
- Track activities will proceed on a “one group on, one group off” basis.
- Off time will be very busy with de-brief, interactive discussion and brief for the next exercise.
- Activities will be tailored to meet needs.
- Acceptance will be on a first come first served basis – the course is by popular demand.
Application form: (To be returned with full fee by Saturday 14th September).
Please also email copy applications for record purposes.
Phone: (Home & Mobile) ______________________________________
British Cycling membership number: _____________________________
Cycling experience: ___________________________________________
Please contact Gordon Sherratt if interested.